Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Twelve Days of Halloween: Day 7

On the seventh day of Halloween, my true love gave to me:
Seven s'mores a-melting,
Six Resse's pieces,
Five CANDY CORNS!
Four gummi worms,
3 Musketeers,
Two deviled eggs,
And a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Coffee

Strictly speaking, s'mores are fall food (occasionally summer food), and not just for Halloween, but the "seven s'mores" preserved the spirit of the alliteration of "seven swans a-swimming." Also, there's something in the headache-inducing sweetness of seven (!) s'mores that fits utterly with the Halloweeny feeling of I-just-got-back-from-trick-or-treating-and (pause to breathe and insert candy into mouth) I'm-going-to-eat-as-much-candy-as-I-possibly-can!

Get illustrated directions on s'more assembly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

S'Mortimer's floating eyebrows sure are goofy.